Curbside Recycling Pickup – Recycling Boxes & Bags
In partnership with the City of Maple Ridge, our weekly curbside recycling pickup service combines the best of door-to-door efficiency with sound environmental principals & practices. Our specially-designed recycling trucks have multiple compartments which help keep the recycling streams separate all the way from curb to manufacturer. Check out the RMRS Curbside Recycling Pickup Route Map.
If you are new to Maple Ridge*, WELCOME!
When it comes to taking care of our waste, we do things a little differently here than in other municipalities, hopefully this website will help you understand why. To learn more about the history of recycling in Maple Ridge, take a look at Our History.
Maple Ridge strongly believes in a resident-led, multi-sort system. Click to download the pdf RMRS Multi Stream Recycling Position Paper and learn more about why we remain committed to this system.
Click to download the 2017 Curbside Recycling Sort Flyer, showing which box or bag to sort your recyclables into.
NOTE: New or replacement boxes & bags are covered in your property taxes. You can pick up new recycling boxes or bags during open hours at the Maple Ridge Recycling Depot or have them delivered to your house by calling 604-463-5545 or ordering them online here.
Note – just in case you still have our old bag system, we are phasing out the following bags:
DISCONTINUED – Orange Bag – Cans & Cartons (Note: this bag is being phased out with new Grey Box, Cans & Cartons can now go into the Blue Box)
**NO CURBSIDE RECYCLING PICKUP ON STATUTORY HOLIDAYS**
We do not pick up recycling on statutory holidays. Please save your recycling and set it out the following week. If you have a lot of recycling build up between pickups, you can drop it off during open hours at the Maple Ridge Recycling Depot located at 10092 – 236th Street, Maple Ridge, just off River Road in the Albion Industrial Park. For a full schedule of statutory & designated holidays, see the 2018 Statutory & Designated Holiday Calendar below or download the 2018 RMRS Stat Holiday Blue Box Pickup Schedule.
IN CASE OF HEAVY SNOWFALL:
- Check our Facebook page and website to see if your recycling pickup has been cancelled because of the snow.
- The safety of our staff and the public is our first priority.
- We will endeavour to complete pickup routes during snow events, but it may be necessary to cancel recycling pickup in certain areas or on certain days due to safety concerns.
- Each snow event will be assessed separately and we will do our best to communicate any cancellations or updates to you through our website, phone system, and social media sites.
- Some areas are not safe for our trucks to travel during snowfalls. If you live in a hilly area or on a street that’s difficult to access, please do not put your recycling out in heavy snow. We will pick up your recycling the following week, weather permitting. You can also bring it to the Maple Ridge Recycling Depot during open hours.
Thank you very much for your understanding & patience!
*If you are new to the community, please contact Kay from Welcome Wagon at 604-463-9376 for a free home visit to learn more about Maple Ridge and get coupons and free gifts as a personalized ‘welcome’ from local businesses and organizations.