Maple Ridge Garbage Transfer Station
At the Maple Ridge Garbage Transfer Station, residents throw their garbage into a large trailer.
The Transfer Station is located next to the Maple Ridge Recycling Depot at 10092 – 236th Street, Maple Ridge.
The Transfer Station is owned by Metro Vancouver and operated by SSG Holdings Ltd (604-466-9277). It is open the same hours as the Recycling Depot:
Monday: 8am – 5pm
Tuesday & Wednesday: 8am – 7pm
Thursday – Sunday: 8am – 5pm
Closed all Statutory Holidays
2015 Tipping Fees:
*Note: Garbage tipping fees increased on April 6, 2015. Green waste fees are not affected. More info at http://www.metrovancouver.org/services/solid-waste/bylaws-regulations/tipping-fee/Pages/default.aspx
- Garbage: Small loads (up to 1 tonne) = $130 per tonne up to a maximum load fee of $109 –
**NEW minimum charge $15 per load**
- Green Waste and Clean Woodwaste: $66 per tonne – minimum $6 per load
- Mattresses: $15 per mattress – maximum 4 mattresses, includes futons & box springs
- Gypsum (drywall): $150 per tonne – minimum charge $15 per load, 1/2 tonne maximum. Large loads can also be taken to New West Gypsum, 38 Vulcan Street, New Westminster, 604-520-6647
NOTE: Only drywall with a manufacture date of AFTER 1990 is accepted.
- *****As of November 13, 2015, the Maple Ridge Transfer Station has temporarily STOPPED ACCEPTING DRYWALL at its facility:“We ask residents and businesses to store material, while we review recent changes in requirements for inspection and safe work procedures related to the potential for gypsum to contain asbestos.
We apologize for any inconvenience and are working to be able to again accept gypsum at regional disposal facilities.
There are many bans in place on things that cannot be disposed of at the Transfer Station.
In 2015, a ban on Organic Waste (food scraps & yard trimmings) in Metro Vancouver waste facilities takes effect. Learn more about how this affects Maple Ridge residents.
*To reduce your green waste, find out more about the District of Maple Ridge’s annual Spring & Fall Chipping Programs and backyard solutions to kitchen scraps and yard waste, such as Composters and Solar Cone Food Digesters.