Maple Ridge Garbage Transfer Station
For information about Metro Vancouver’s Transfer Stations, please call 604-681-5600.
The Transfer Station is open the same hours as the Recycling Depot:
Open 7 days a week
Monday – Saturday: 8:00am – 5:00pm (October – March)
8:00am – 6:00pm (April – September)
Sundays & holidays: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Starting in 2017, the Transfer Station & the Recycling Depot will be OPEN on ALL statutory holidays except for New Year’s Day (January 1) and Christmas Day (December 25).
2017 Tipping Fees:
- Garbage: Small loads (up to 1 tonne) = $133 per tonne up to a maximum load fee of $117 –
**minimum charge $15 per load**
- Green Waste and Clean Woodwaste: $67 per tonne – minimum $6 per load
- Mattresses: $15 per mattress – maximum 4 mattresses, includes futons & box springs
- New drywall (also called gypsum, plasterboard, sheetrock, gyproc, and wallboard) can be recycled for a fee: $150 per tonne – minimum charge $15 per load.
NOTE: Metro Vancouver is currently running a Gypsum Pilot Program at the Maple Ridge Transfer Station.
- Previously, there were new requirements for gypsum received at Metro Vancouver transfer stations, only accepting NEW gypsum that has not been installed (no tape, paint or mud):”Starting Monday, February 29, 2016, you can take new cuts of drywall (no tape, paint, or mud) to the Landfill and Transfer Station. The maximum amount is ½ sheet at the Transfer Station and a full, level bed of a pickup truck at the Landfill. Fill out a declaration form when you arrive at the weigh scale. If your drywall isn’t accepted, you may be able to recycle it at New West Gypsum 38 Vulcan Street, New Westminster, 604-520-6647″-for more information, visit http://www.metrovancouver.org/services/solid-waste/garbage-recycling/transfer-stations
There are many bans in place on recyclable items and other things that cannot be disposed of at the Transfer Station.
In 2015, Metro Vancouver implemented a ban on Organic Waste (food scraps & yard trimmings) in Metro Vancouver waste facilities.
*To reduce your green waste, find out more about the City of Maple Ridge’s annual Spring & Fall Chipping Programs and backyard solutions to kitchen scraps and yard waste, such as Composters and Solar Cone Food Digesters.