Maple Ridge Garbage Transfer Station
At the Maple Ridge Garbage Transfer Station, residents throw their garbage into a large trailer.
The Transfer Station is located next to the Maple Ridge Recycling Depot at 10092 – 236th Street, Maple Ridge.
The Transfer Station is owned by Metro Vancouver and operated by SSG Holdings Ltd (604-466-9277). It is open the same hours as the Recycling Depot:
Monday: 8am – 5pm
Tuesday & Wednesday: 8am – 7pm
Thursday – Sunday: 8am – 5pm
Closed all Statutory Holidays
2016 Tipping Fees:
*Note: Garbage tipping fees increased on April 6, 2015. Green waste fees are not affected. More info at http://www.metrovancouver.org/services/solid-waste/bylaws-regulations/tipping-fee/Pages/default.aspx
- Garbage: Small loads (up to 1 tonne) = $133 per tonne up to a maximum load fee of $117 –
**minimum charge $15 per load**
- Green Waste and Clean Woodwaste: $67 per tonne – minimum $6 per load
- Mattresses: $15 per mattress – maximum 4 mattresses, includes futons & box springs
- Gypsum (drywall): $133 per tonne – minimum charge $15 per load. Large loads can also be taken to New West Gypsum, 38 Vulcan Street, New Westminster, 604-520-6647
NOTE: Only drywall with a manufacture date of AFTER 1990 is accepted.
- *****Gypsum Update, January 22, 2016:
“Metro Vancouver will resume accepting gypsum/drywall at Langley and Maple Ridge Transfer Stations on Monday 25 January, 2016. ONLY date-stamped gypsum board with a manufactured date of 1990 or newer will be accepted. Each load must be accompanied by a signed Declaration and Acknowledgment Form, provided at the Transfer Station. Customers will need to:
- Ensure the entire load contains only date stamped gypsum board with a manufactured date of 1990 or newer
- Complete a Declaration and Acknowledgment Form at the Transfer Station. The Form will require the following information:
- Customer / Company Name
- Address / Origin of Drywall
- Vehicle License Number
These instructions for customers will be posted on our website, along with information about alternative drop-off options for loads dated pre-1990. As usual, we accept a maximum of ½ tonne gypsum per load, and all loads must be off-loaded by hand (self-tippers are not permitted). We are working to resume accepting gypsum at all our regional facilities.”
-for more information, visit http://www.metrovancouver.org/services/solid-waste/garbage-recycling/transfer-stations
There are many bans in place on things that cannot be disposed of at the Transfer Station.
In 2015, a ban on Organic Waste (food scraps & yard trimmings) in Metro Vancouver waste facilities takes effect. Learn more about how this affects Maple Ridge residents.
*To reduce your green waste, find out more about the City of Maple Ridge’s annual Spring & Fall Chipping Programs and backyard solutions to kitchen scraps and yard waste, such as Composters and Solar Cone Food Digesters.