Earth Day Poetry & Photo Contests STILL ON!!!
The Earth Day event may be cancelled, but the Celebrate Earth Day POETRY & PHOTO CONTESTS are STILL ON!!!
Entry Deadline EXTENDED until April 19!
2020 Earth Day Photo and Poetry Competition Encourages Everyone to Get Artistic and “Get Active!”
Calling all poets & photographers! Whether you are first-time or full-time, we want to see your art!!
About the Theme: 2020 sees the continuation of our “Heal(thy) Community, Heal(thy) Self” theme. With the developments surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, this theme has taken on a deeper resonance.
PHOTO Contest: 3 categories – Child (up to age 10), Youth (11-16), & Adult (17+), PLUS Grand Prize Winner. Send entries in jpg format (minimum 1MB) with name & age (if under 17) to email@example.com.
Photo contest entries will be posted on the Celebrate Earth Day Facebook page and voting will be open to the public. Winners will be announced on this page and on social media on Thursday, April 30, 2020.
POETRY Contest: We want to see your best “Healthy Community, Healthy Self” themed poem. Share your creativity and passion for what a healthy earth, community and self look like to you!
Three winners in each category:
- Kids (up to age 10) – 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Youth (age 11 to 16) – 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Adult (17 and up) – 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Submit Your Poem
Via email by midnight, April 19, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Relevance to Healthy Community, Healthy Self theme (25%)
- Judge’s impression (25%)
- Poetic structure (20%)
- Spelling & grammar (15%)
- Originality (15%)
Rules & Regulations
- The contest is open to all British Columbia residents.
- Limit up to 2 entries per person. Must be previously unpublished work.
- All styles of poetry will be accepted but must adhere to 350 word limit.
- Entries must be sent as a PDF, DOC or DOCX attachment and include name, age, BC mailing address, phone number and email address.
- Winners will be selected by publishing and writing professional(s).
- Rights: By entering the contest you are giving Celebrate Earth Day Maple Ridge first Canadian rights for publication, AND the option to collect all the years’ poems into a multi-year compilation at some point. You are free to market your poem(s) in other places, but you should inform them if it has won or appeared on the Celebrate Earth Day in Maple Ridge website or been published as part of Earth Day materials.