The Life After School Transition Committee (LAST) is a group of service providers in Maple Ridge & Pitt Meadows that work to support and empower young people with diverse abilities to transition into life after high school.
We do this by highlighting & promoting resources within our community and celebrating community & economic inclusion.
Join us on
Tuesday, May 31, 2022
12:30 – 2:30pm
at the Greg Moore Youth Center
to learn about resources for people with diverse abilities transitioning out of high school in Maple Ridge & Pitt Meadows!!
Everyone is welcome! The LAST Committee holds a Transition Fair event every year to highlight local community resources to help people with diverse abilities prepare for the transition out of high school.
The Transition Resource Fair helps students and young adults with extra support needs and their caregivers and families prepare for the next stage of life after high school. Representatives from a variety of local service providers and agencies covering continuing education, employment, health, and recreational services and more are on hand to give out information about their programs and organization, answer questions, and provide additional resources or contacts as necessary.
Download the 2022 Transition Resource Guide.
LAST Committee Information FormAre you interested in learning more about an upcoming event or the work of the Life After School Transition Committee? Let us know!
LAST Committee Member Videos
Learn about some of the organizations that make up the LAST Committee and the programs they offer for people with diverse abilities…
LAST Committee Events
Past events we have organized include:
- A Transition Resource Fair each spring.
The Transition Resource Fair is an event to help students and young adults with extra support needs and their families prepare for the next stage of life after high school. Representatives from a variety of local service providers and agencies covering continuing education, employment, health, and recreational services are on hand to give out information about their programs and organization, answer questions, and provide additional resources or contacts as necessary. Event photos are posted on the LAST Committee Facebook Page
- A Community Inclusion BBQ & Party at the Greg Moore Youth Centre in October to celebrate Community Inclusion Month. Community Inclusion Month recognizes the accomplishments and contributions of people with developmental disabilities.
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this event in the past – the Kiwanis Club of Golden Ears for providing food and drinks and the artists, musicians, & performers who provide the activities & entertainment!!
- We also occasionally present Transition Speaker Events, giving families a chance to meet in a smaller session to learn more and ask questions about topics such as:
- Supported Employment & Customized Employment
- PWD, RDSP, Transit Passes, & Health Benefits
- Creating a Social Network: Face to Face and Having Fun
- STADD – Services to Adults with Developmental Disabilities
- CLBC Eligibility and How to Apply
- MCFD – Ministry of Children & Family Development
LAST Committee Member Organizations
School District 42, Community Living BC, WorkBC, Ridge Meadows Association for Community Living, Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows Community Services, Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction, Maple Ridge Parks, Recreation, & Culture, Ridge Meadows Recycling Society, Ministry of Children and Family Development, posAbilities, Pivot Point Family Growth Centre, and Special Olympics.