Keeping an eye on the weather forecast, we wanted to give you the following info on curbside blue box recycling pickup in case of heavy snowfall…
- Check our website or Facebook page to see if your recycling pickup has been cancelled because of the snow.
- The safety of our staff and the public is our first priority.
- We will endeavour to complete pickup routes during snow events, but it may be necessary to cancel recycling pickup in certain areas or on certain days due to safety concerns.
- Each snow event will be assessed separately and we will do our best to communicate any cancellations or updates to you through our website, phone system, and social media sites. You can also sign up for our mailing list to receive direct email alerts, stat holiday reminders, and our monthly newsletter.
- Some areas are not safe for our trucks to travel during snowfalls. If you live in a hilly area or on a street that’s difficult to access, please do not put your recycling out in heavy snow. We will pick up your recycling the following week, weather permitting. You can also bring it to the Maple Ridge Recycling Depot during open hours (we are open 7 days a week).